The Better Math Teaching Network Year One: Developmental Evaluation Report
October 01, 2018
PARTNERS FOR NETWORK IMPROVEMENT (PNI) AT UNIVERSITY OF PITTSBURGH
This report provides a descriptive and analytic portrait of the Better Math Teaching Network’s first year of operation using data including:
- Observations of a whole- and small-group network meetings
- Interviews with participating teachers were conducted at multiple time points throughout the year
- Teachers’ responses to a survey designed to measure teachers experiences with key features of the NIC concept
- Analysis of teachers’ formal and informal connections to one another that are facilitated by the network
- Documentation teachers generate through their improvement cycles
- Classroom observations and follow-up interviews with a small sample of teachers.
The Better Math Teaching Network aimed to harness the problem-solving power of networks in pursuit of more student-centered teaching and learning.