Posted by Nellie Mae Ed. Fdn.
We Stand in Solidarity with the Asian American Pacific Islander Community
We at the Nellie Mae Education Foundation stand in solidarity with the Asian American Pacific Islander community across the nation, condemning the hate crimes that are being perpetrated by white supremacist and misogynist ways of thinking and acting. To claim that these acts were not racially motivated misses the point and perpetuates harm on our AAPI communities.
We acknowledge that these hate crimes did not begin with COVID-19 and have existed in this country for centuries. The hate against our AAPI communities begins and stops with us. And while there are multiple ways to demonstrate solidarity through education, action, and other means, we wanted to share the following resources in efforts of stopping AAPI hate:
• Townhall on Anti-Asian Racism, https://bit.ly/3vzAANA
• Anti-Asian Violence Resources CARRD, https://bit.ly/3qRJS3X
• Stop AAPI Hate resources, https://bit.ly/3rWhcZ5
• Anti-racism resources to support AAPI community, https://nbcnews.to/3bTsnfm
• Hollaback! Bystander Training https://bit.ly/2P0wMo3
• Anti-Asian racism is Taking a Mental and Emotional Toll on Me by Nancy Wang Yuen, Ph.D. https://bit.ly/30YuXKJ
• Asian Awareness Project, https://bit.ly/3qVNn9J